Thursday, April 7, 2011

Infinite Stratos

So, the last episode of Infinite Stratos came out last week, and I was lazy and haven't finished the series until tonight.

You're probably wondering how I'm going to grade it.  Honestly, I am too.  It's between a C+ and a B.

I was all set to give it a C+ before the last two episodes, because Episodes 9 and 10 are pretty meh, but they really do manage to bring the ending around, though it's the kinda sappy thing you'd expect.

So, I'm withholding judgment for a little while.  When I have the time I'll watch it all in one sitting and give a final score.  Because as much as it's not good, it is fun, and fun is worth about half a letter to me.

Short version: If harem anime isn't your thing, stay away.  But if the idea of watching a series where the protagonist is not only a chick magnet, but totally emotionally oblivious and quite possibly gay (it's not canon, but it's a reasonable accusation), plus some entertaining flying around in power armor with explosions and pretty girls in swimsuits, then go for it.

No comments: