Sunday, March 10, 2013

Nekogami Yaoyorozu

Nekogami Yaoyorozu:  C

So, I needed something to wash the toxic out of my brain after Mirai Nikki, and I found this show because the fansub group I frequent had done it.  I'm not really sure why they subbed it, but I suspect it's because one of them has a creepy otaku crush on Tomatsu Haruka, in a similar way to how I have a creepy otaku crush on Ueda Kana.  *ahem*  ANYWAY.

Nekogami Yaoyorozu (Which, like most titles, doesn't translate well: Nekogami refers to the divine cats, Yaoyorozu is a poetic term referring to 'myriads', in the context of gods, the countless native gods of Japan) is a light-hearted high-cuteness show about a Guardian Cat, Mayu, who is expelled from heaven for being a slacker, gambling, and generally being a disappointment to her parents, and, through a series of circumstances that aren't explained until late in the series, she begins living with a human girl who runs an antiques shop.  Mayu has a number of... let's call them acquaintances, who are also gods of varying motivations and levels of competence.  Hijinks ensue.

There's not a lot more to it than that.  It's fun and cute and silly and insubstantial.

There's not a whole lot of people I would or wouldn't recommend this series to.  If a light-hearted and silly show about nothing in particular is what you need, go ahead and give it a watch.

No comments: