Sunday, April 29, 2012

At The Moment

Today I post to ease the agony of ordinary unemployed life.

So I've still got a bunch of series sitting in my Unfinished  folder, but none of them are reaching out and grabbing me right now.

I've been watching and rewatching the Touhou M-1 Grand Prix series, which is a series of manzai comedy sketches performed by the cast of the Touhou Project games.  Manzai is a particularly odd and unfamiliar form of comedy to most Americans, and the M-1 series is additionally extremely referential to the Touhou Project, so it's very much a niche market, though if you're into these things, it's pretty hilarious.  That said, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person I know who has a thorough enough grasp of Japanese and Touhou to fully appreciate them, so if you stumble on this and look them up and like them, fergodsake tell me so I don't feel like such a freak.

Other than that, I'm mostly watching Haiyore! Nyruko-san and Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? Of The Dead, both of which are in the process of airing.

Nyaruko-san is best described as the least dignified of all possible stories that could ever be told about the Cthulhu mythos.

KoreZombie OTD is pretty much exactly like original edition KoreZombie, though with even less shame (if that was possible) and no real justification for the creation of absurd and fan servicey situations.

I'm enjoying both of them, but neither of them is good.  It's a guilty sort of enjoyment.

I'm also waiting for Dog Days season 2 to start, but that's not til July.  I should probably look more carefully at what aired in Q1, some of it might be good.

No comments: