Friday, March 9, 2012

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai:  A+



The title translates to "We Still Don't Know the Name of the Flower We Saw That Day."  It's usually abbreviated to 'Ano Hana.'

It's a story about a girl who died ten years before the story began, and it's about the people who she left behind.

It's about memory, love and regret.  It's about things left undone and things left unsaid.

It's about a chance to fix things.  It's about learning that fixing things isn't easy even when you know what you did wrong.

It's about what you can't take with you, what you can take with you, and what you can't let go of.

I don't normally cry at anything, but this series had me crying on 4 separate occasions, not including the final, 11th episode, which I was crying pretty much throughout, but it was the cathartic, good kind of crying that I wish I did more often.

I can't think of anything more eloquent to recommend it than by saying that it's beautiful.

No comments: