Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Anime News

The two series I'm really enjoying watching (Dog Days' and Yuru Yuri ♪♪) are both mid-season, so giving a report on them would be inappropriate.  Instead I figured I'd just talk about what Japan's coming out with in the next few months.

First of all, disappointing to me personally is the news that Kizumonogatari (the prequel movie to Bakemonogatari) has been delayed by Shaft.  However, instead, over the course of October we're going to be treated to a couple of Madoka Magica movies, so I guess it's okay in the end.   Of course, there's the problem that we won't actually be able to WATCH those except as illegal and poor-quality camrips until around spring or summer next year, but that's how movies go.

Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 is coming out soon too, but has the exact same problem as the new Madoka movies; we won't actually be able to watch it for quite a while.  I'm looking forward to it, though.

I have confirmed that a second season of Medaka Box will be airing.  So that's great.

Shaft, in addition to the Madoka Movies (which are probably in post by now) is also working on a new season of Hidamari Sketch.

It seems as though we'll be getting YET ANOTHER season of  Hayate no Gotoku, which I can't deny a bit of childish glee for.

There's a Toaru Majutsu no Index movie coming up late in the year (maybe early next year).

News I didn't expect to hear: Production IG is making a Mass Effect anime movie slated for Winter 2012 with the subtitle "Paragon Lost. "  I suspect that'll make the jump to the US fairly quickly, since the franchise is quite popular over here.

There are a lot of other series coming out that I haven't done the research on to know if they're worth watching, and I'm sure some of them will be showing up on THIS VERY BLOG in the future.

No comments: